The data capture system is portable and generally mounted to a powered vehicle.
Surveys are undertaken at traffic speeds and within normal timetables to reduce any impact on other services.
With its configurable camera and laser set-up, the system can be adapted to meet specific client requirements including capturing CESS, overhead line or bridge detail. The end user software is easy to use and has a number of useful features, allowing clients to undertake planning, design, surveying and inspection from the safety of the office.
All data has a spatial and linear position and can be exported to use with many third party products such as CAD, word processors, databases and geographical information systems.
Omnicom Balfour Beatty maintains an image/geospatial library of the entire UK rail network which is available to all supported OmniSurveyor3D users. The library is updated with every new survey.
- Significant reductions in the need for track visits, increasing safety and reducing costs
- Reduction in the use of safety-critical resources and maintenance vehicles
- Increased rail network safety for employees and contractors
- Greater understanding of the network and asset locations
- Improved asset and resource utilisation
- Greater stakeholder engagement, both internal and external
Omnicom Balfour Beatty’s image and laser based surveying system enables users to survey, model and condition assess their network infrastructure for design, operations or maintenance purposes.
Organisations can quickly access any section of their network without having to leave the office.This reduces the number of on-site visits with associated improvements in safety and reduction in cost, time and carbon emissions.