Continuous spatial and linear position information.
RTPS replaces traditional manually-operated systems that are used on most rail vehicles and provides infrastructure owners and fleet managers with a standard positioning reference for the various measuring systems and services they use. In the UK, the system also generates the engineer’s line reference, track identifier and mileage to.
The self-contained, compact unit is designed to operate with minimal or no human intervention, making it easy to install onto a rail vehicle.
OmniRTPS calculates it’s spatial and linear position through a close-coupled GNSS/inertial measurement system, a railway track centreline model and map matching.
This allows it to generate continuous linear and spatial track location with a typical accuracy of within 1m, even in areas of poor satellite coverage such as tunnels and cuttings.
- Support for industry standard interfaces (RS232/485/Ethernet)
- Optional mapping front end for easy viewing of location and status information
- Accurate and stable synchronisation signals
- High performance GNSS
- Optional spatial analysis tools to visualise data
- User-configurable outputs
- Position accuracy – within 1m, 95% confidence level
- Positions can be repeated run on run to assist with trend analysis
- Easily integrates with other systems
- Remote monitoring and activation
- Real-time view for on-train staff
- No loss of off-route recording data as position is always known
- Modular architecture enables support of future inertial / GNSS units